Please visit the Cubs Convention Fans Subreddit to share your thoughts on the Cubs Convention, who you got to meet, what presentations you attended, what you got autographed, what players and features you would like to see at the Cubs Convention or to ask questions.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

KISS and the Cubs


Ever since I was Gene Simmons for Halloween in kindergarten, I have wanted to see KISS live.  I finally got my chance on August 16, 2014 when they played a show at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park, Illinois.


I had a blast at the show singing along with Deuce, Lick it Up, Love Gun and a bunch of other classics before ending the evening with Rock 'n Roll All Nite.



Whether you like KISS or revile them, you have to admit that they have been masterful, just like Major League Baseball, in pushing merchandising to new heights.  However, you are probably wondering what this has to do with the Cubs.


Well, on August 13th, the Cubs joined forces with KISS and Def Leppard for a 1980s Rock Night.  In addition to the Cubs-colored Zubaz pants given away, the Cubs also had special prizes for anyone who came to Wrigley Field rocking KISS makeup or Def Leppard apparrel.  What I didn't know was that the Cubs and KISS joined forces to produce an awesome crossover t-shirt.

This is my next shirt.

This guy got the shirt for free by wearing a KISS shirt to the Wednesday night Cubs game.  When it comes to the Cubs, I want the best.  Here's to hoping we get the best soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment